These simple hand sewn hearts made from
bright coloured felts are perfect for someone you love…small enough to slip
into pockets and purses as a Valentines Day surprise…they’re quick and easy to
make…and an original gift for tweens and teens to create and give to their
15cm square of light pink felt
15cm square of dark pink felt
15cm square of purple felt
1. Use the template to cut out a heart from
each of the different coloured felts.
2. On the light pink heart, make a horizontal slit about 7cm up from the bottom point of the heart. The slit should start and stop about 3/4cm in from the sides.
3. On the purple heart, make a horizontal slit about 8cm up from the bottom point of the heart. Again don’t cut up to the edge. The slit should start and stop about 2cm in from the sides.
4. Layer the hearts by placing the dark pink heart on the bottom, the purple heart in the middle and the light pink heart on top. Pin them together.
5. Sew around about 1/4cm in from the edge.
Take the bottom pocket of the light pink heart and turn it inside out. This flips the light pink pocket around to the other side.
Now you have a little pocket on one side to put sweets in...
...and a hidden pocket on the other side to put a secret message in.
Happy Valentines, Trixi