Holiday sewing classes

The results of this weeks sewing classes...


The light pink, dark pink, and the purple fringed bags are the beginners projects. Girls who have been coming longer made "Floyd" - he's the fella in the middle (green or pink) - the picture doesn't show him off so well but I'll put him up in a later post. The bags made of strips of material sewn together were made by the girls who have been coming to classes for longer still.



These girls made Gulla'allah the Koala - Gulla'allah is how my youngest daughter used to pronounce the word 'koala' when she was little - a tutorial for Gulla'allah is being published in an up-coming edition of Mixtapezine.


This group mostly made cushions embroidered with their names. When I started teaching, my classes were after school craft. We did craft, cooking, sewing, a bit of everything. After a while I began giving classes in the school holidays. At first, I did morning classes. Now the kids come for the whole day. And sew and sew. These kids, mostly girls, just love to sew. Now the classes are mostly sewing. And because some of the girls have been coming back year after year I'm always working out new projects that are more challenging.

And this is the latest....



Inspired by the cover and bags in this book...



I love Japanese craft books. I find them very inspiring and am lucky that Kinokuniya have a branch in Sydney with shelves and shelves of these craft books.